Konek Pinoy: A Place where Everybody Cares!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortal**GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spiritual Breakfast

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DJ_RyAN
Haligi ng Konek
 Haligi ng Konek
DJ_RyAN

Date Joined : 2009-02-26

Spiritual Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Spiritual Breakfast   Spiritual Breakfast Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20 2010, 00:38

An Example to Follow
Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
—Luke 18:1

Not only did Jesus tell us to pray, but He left us an example of prayer. We find in the Gospels that He was constantly praying. Here was God in human form walking our planet, breathing our air, and yet feeling the need to be in constant communion with His Father.

It was not uncommon to see Jesus praying when the disciples were sleeping. We know that while He was in the Garden of Gethsemane, He prayed, "O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me" (Matthew 26:39). Then, as He hung on the cross, His first statement was, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do" (Luke 23:34). Later He prayed, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?" (Matthew 27:46).

When Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, we read that He spoke first to His Father, saying, "Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. And I know that You always hear Me, but because of the people who are standing by I said this, that they may believe that You sent Me" (John 11:41-42). Then He shouted, "Lazarus, come forth!" And that is exactly what Lazarus did.

When Jesus fed the five thousand, we read that He first looked up toward heaven and asked God's blessing on the five loaves and two fish that were brought to Him (see Matthew 14:19). The Bible also tells us that children were brought to Jesus so He could lay His hands on them and pray for them (see Matthew 19:13).

So if Jesus felt the necessity to pray constantly, then how much more should we? Pray all the time. Pray about all things. He has given us that example to follow. And we, too, need to be people of prayer.
Back to top Go down
DJ_RyAN
Haligi ng Konek
 Haligi ng Konek
DJ_RyAN

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Breakfast   Spiritual Breakfast Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2010, 23:13

On the Offensive
"Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."

— Ephesians 6:17

During the Korean War, a unit known as Baker Company was separated from the regiment, and enemy forces were advancing on them. For several hours, no word came from Baker Company. Finally, radio contact was made, and when asked for a report of their situation, Baker Company replied: "The enemy is to the east of us. The enemy is to the west of us. The enemy is to the south of us. The enemy is to the north of us." Then, after a brief pause, a voice continued, "And this time, we're not going to let them escape."

It seems that way in the life of the believer. The Enemy is at every turn. Yet some Christians don't realize that the Christian life is not a playground, but a battleground. They are oblivious to the fact that a war is raging. And in this war, they are either winning or losing.

In a battle, it's always better to be an aggressor instead of a defender, because the defender is simply waiting for the enemy's next attack, hoping he will survive. If we, as believers, are always defending, then the devil is in the superior position. But if we are attacking, then we are in the superior position. When the Apostle Paul wrote about the armor of God in Ephesians 6, he mentioned one offensive weapon: "the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God" (v. 17).

Make no mistake about it: there is authority and power in the Word of God. God's Word sticks. God's Word breaks through. God's Word impacts. When the Enemy has you surrounded, keep him on the defensive with the Word of God.
Back to top Go down
DJ_RyAN
Haligi ng Konek
 Haligi ng Konek
DJ_RyAN

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Breakfast   Spiritual Breakfast Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23 2010, 01:13

God's Secret Agents
Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?

— Hebrews 1:14

Make no mistake about it: angels are actively involved in the lives of the people of God, and in the affairs of men in general.

One of the reasons we may not be personally aware of the presence of angels in our lives is that they are doing their job properly. Angels generally operate undercover. Theirs is a vast world of intelligent, powerful spirit beings. Angels are invisible, and they remain that way most of the time, except on very rare occasions. As we see from Scripture, God will sometimes clothe angels with a human form.

Angels are God's secret agents, not drawing attention to themselves, but instead doing the bidding of God. And angels have a specific work and ministry in the life of the Christian.

That certainly gives us hope in these troubled and dangerous times in which we are living. When we think of all the violence, chaos, and danger in the world today, it is comforting to know that God's angels are watching out for us.

Angels may not help you find a parking place, but you can know this: they are God's secret agents, powerfully and effectively doing the work He has called them to do.
Back to top Go down
DJ_RyAN
Haligi ng Konek
 Haligi ng Konek
DJ_RyAN

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Breakfast   Spiritual Breakfast Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24 2010, 11:06

Believe and See
And He said to him, "Go, wash in the pool of Siloam" (which is translated, Sent). So he went and washed, and came back seeing.

— John 9:7

We have all heard people say, "Seeing is believing. Show me and I will believe." But the Bible essentially teaches us that believing is seeing. When we say, "Show me and I will believe," God says, "Believe, and I will show you."

In John 9, we read that Jesus opened the eyes of the blind man in more ways than one. The man received his physical sight and, for the first time in his life, he was able to see. But he had his spiritual eyes opened as well. He was able to understand who God was, what right and wrong were, and what the purpose of life was.

Jesus also used a very unusual method to heal him. The Bible tells us that He spit in the dirt, made clay with the saliva, and placed it on the man's eyes. Then He told him to go wash in the pool of Siloam. Notice that Jesus didn't say, "Go wash in the pool of Siloam and you will receive your sight." That is important, because He offered this man no promise whatsoever. He did not say something wonderful would happen if he went. He just told him to go and do it.

Yet something activated this blind man's heart and mind and caused him to want to obey the words of Jesus as quickly as possible. And we should follow His example. We, too, can have our spiritual eyes opened.

Listen. Those who know God have come to realize that His words and commands can be trusted and immediately followed. If God tells us to do something, it is for our own good. If God says it, it is for a reason. Obey Him.

Great blessings await those who wait on the Lord.
Back to top Go down
DJ_RyAN
Haligi ng Konek
 Haligi ng Konek
DJ_RyAN

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Breakfast   Spiritual Breakfast Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26 2010, 02:02

Frenemies
And then he added, "It is what comes from inside that defiles you. For from within, out of a person's heart, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, wickedness, deceit, lustful desires, envy, slander, pride, and foolishness. All these vile things come from within; they are what defile you."

— Mark 7:20–23

Three enemies that we contend with as Christians are the world, the flesh, and the devil. The world with its allure is the external foe. The flesh with its evil desires is the internal foe. And the devil with his enticements is the infernal foe. These are what we deal with on a daily basis.

The problem is that we become frenemies with the world. A frenemy is someone whom you normally don't get along with, but if it serves both of your purposes, you temporarily become friends. Or, it might be a love-hate relationship: You are on. You are off. You are on. You are off. Then again, it might be a description of a relationship that is poisonous, and whenever you are around that person, it drags you down spiritually. Thus, he or she becomes a frenemy.

Some of us have become frenemies with the world. When the Bible speaks of the world, it doesn't mean the planet Earth. It is speaking of a pervasive philosophy that infects everything, everywhere. We are told in 1 John 2:16, "For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world."

The world is enticing. But for its pull to work, we must desire what it is offering. Jesus said, "It is what comes from inside that defiles you" (Mark 7:20). Why do we do the stupid stuff that we do? It is just our nature—our human, sinful nature. We have to be aware of the combustible, evil, sinful nature that is inside every one of us. The answer is not within; the problem is within. So when we give in to temptation, we have ourselves to thank.
Back to top Go down
DJ_RyAN
Haligi ng Konek
 Haligi ng Konek
DJ_RyAN

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Breakfast   Spiritual Breakfast Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28 2010, 10:14

Peace in the Kingdom
For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

— Romans 14:17

Jesus calls us His sheep, and we know that the Shepherd's primary objective for His sheep is that they flourish. He wants His sheep to be well-fed. He wants them to be well-cared for. He wants them to be content and satisfied. It is the joy of the Shepherd to lead His sheep to green pastures and still waters.

Jesus also has given His sheep a great promise. He said, "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand" (John 10:27–28). There is great security in knowing that the Lord is our Shepherd. We are under His protection.

Did you know that God loves to bless you? Did you know that God loves to pour His grace out upon you? Did you know that the Lord enjoys working in your life? He wants to bless you more than you want to be blessed. He wants to answer your prayers more than you want them answered. He wants to speak to you even more than you want to be spoken to. And He wants to use you even more than you want to be used. He loves you. Jesus said, "Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom" (Luke 12:32). It is His joy, His pleasure, to give you the kingdom.

And what is that kingdom? The Bible says the kingdom of God is "righteousness and peace and joy and the Holy Spirit" (Romans 14:17). He wants His righteousness, peace, and joy to permeate every level of your life.
Back to top Go down
DJ_RyAN
Haligi ng Konek
 Haligi ng Konek
DJ_RyAN

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Breakfast   Spiritual Breakfast Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2010, 11:20

When Not to Pray
Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.

— 1 John 5:14

In a broad sense, we should pray about everything. But there are certain things we don't need to pray about. For example, if someone were to say, "Greg, I am praying about robbing a bank. Would you pray with me?" I will pray for that person, but I won't pray that God will bless their efforts. Why? Because the Bible says, "You shall not steal" (Exodus 20:15). We don't need to pray about that.

Yet there are certain things God tells us we can pray for. He tells us we can pray for wisdom: "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him" (James 5:5).

We can pray for His provision. Philippians 4:19 says, "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

We can pray for protection. Psalm 91:5–7 says, "You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday. A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you."

The key to effective prayer is getting our will in alignment with God's will, because 1 John 5:14 tells us, "Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us."

Nothing lies outside the reach of prayer except that which lies outside of the will of God. God only answers the requests that He inspires.
Back to top Go down
DJ_RyAN
Haligi ng Konek
 Haligi ng Konek
DJ_RyAN

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Breakfast   Spiritual Breakfast Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30 2010, 10:14

Make Every Day Count
So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

— Psalm 90:12

It is hard to explain when someone's life has been cut short, when someone who is relatively young dies. We expected them to live a much longer life. But who is to say that it was not the appointed time for them to go? Who is to say that it was not the exact length of life that God had preordained for them from the very beginning?

That is why we want to make every day count. The Bible says, "Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom" (Psalm 90:12). Or to paraphrase, "Lord, help us to realize our lives can end on any day, so let's use them wisely." We don't know when our day will come.

When God calls you home, you are going home. You can live on vitamin C, zinc, and Echinacea. You can drink green tea, and avoid all the toxins you can, but when your number is up, your number is up.

On the other hand, you will be around until God is done with you. You are not going to go before your time. You may or may not be the healthiest person, but you will live to the time that God has appointed for you.

Worrying isn't going to extend our lives. At the same time, we are not to take foolish risks and tempt the Lord.

We can be assured that we are here until God is done with us. As the apostle Paul said, "For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain" (Philippians. 1:20). So let's make the most of the lives God has given us. Let's live life to the fullest.
Back to top Go down
DJ_RyAN
Haligi ng Konek
 Haligi ng Konek
DJ_RyAN

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Breakfast   Spiritual Breakfast Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13 2010, 15:07

The Day's Curriculum
Immediately Jesus made His disciples get into the boat and go before Him to the other side, while He sent the multitudes away.

— Matthew 14:22

Although He knew that a storm was coming, Jesus said to His disciples, "Go to the other side" (see Matthew 14:22–24). Jesus sent them out on the Sea of Galilee because He knew there was a lesson for them to learn. He knew they would make it safely to the other side, so He allowed His disciples to go through the storm. You might say the storm was a part of the day's curriculum for the disciples.

Life is like that too. We don't always know when a storm is coming. We don't know when a tragedy will strike. We don't know when a crisis is going to hit. We don't know when a hardship may come up in our lives. But God does, and He knows when we are ready to face these things.

Now here is the question: How will we face life's storms? It has been said that into every life some rain must fall. To put it biblically, the rain falls on the just and the unjust (see Mark 6:45). Hard times happen to everyone, but as Christians, we have this promise: "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28). Whatever we are going through, in His wonderful providence, God will turn it around for our good.

Courageous people are a lot like tea bags. We don't know their strength until they are in hot water. It takes courage to face your trials. It takes courage to say, "I've made a commitment to follow Jesus. I'm not going to give up. I'm going over to the other side."
Back to top Go down
DJ_RyAN
Haligi ng Konek
 Haligi ng Konek
DJ_RyAN

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Breakfast   Spiritual Breakfast Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18 2010, 14:38

Arise and Walk
Then behold, they brought to Him a paralytic lying on a bed. When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, "Son, be of good cheer; your sins are forgiven you."

— Matthew 9:2

The Gospel of Mark gives us the account of a group of men who wanted to bring their paralyzed friend to Jesus for healing. Jesus was teaching in a home, and the men could not get in because of the huge crowd. So they climbed up on top of the house and dug through the roof to lower their friend inside (see Mark 2:1–5).

When Jesus saw the faith of these men, he looked at their paralyzed friend and said, "Son, be of good cheer; your sins are forgiven you" (Matthew 9:2). Jesus was saying, "You no longer have to be afraid of the penalty for your sin. Your past is behind you. I am giving you another chance in life."

Jesus then told him to get up, pick up his bed, and go to his house (Matthew 9:6). This man had a choice. He could have stayed on his sickbed forever. He could have said, "I can't," or "I won't." He had a choice, and he decided to respond.

There are people today who don't want to change. They don't want to leave their lifestyle or turn from the choices they have made. They will not take hold of God's promises and provision and power.

If you want to change, if you want to break free from a vice that has you in its grip, a lifestyle you are trapped in, or an addiction that you can't seem to shake, then Christ has a word of encouragement to you: "Get up and walk. You can do it. Be of good cheer, and arise."
Back to top Go down
DJ_RyAN
Haligi ng Konek
 Haligi ng Konek
DJ_RyAN

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Breakfast   Spiritual Breakfast Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19 2010, 14:24

It's Not Over Yet
Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.

— Philippians 1:6

Are you discouraged today? Are you afraid of an uncertain future? The Bible tells the story of a time when Jesus' disciples were not only discouraged, but they were afraid for their very lives.

Jesus had told them to get into a boat and go over to the other side of the Sea of Galilee, and they obeyed. But when they were a considerable distance from land, a fierce storm arose that terrified them. Jesus, who had been on a mountain praying, went to meet the disciples, walking on the water. Thinking He was a ghost, the disciples cried out in fear. So Jesus immediately told them, "Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid" (Matthew 14:27).

There are two simple reasons the disciples didn't have to be afraid: First, Jesus would help them weather the storm. And second, He had told them to go to the other side, which meant that they would reach the other side.

Jesus knows where you are at this very moment. He knows what you are experiencing. He is telling you to be courageous, because He is with you and there is a brighter tomorrow for you. Even if you have failed, even if you have made a mistake, it isn't over. You can still learn from that mistake and get out of the situation you are in.

God has a future for each of us. Jeremiah 29:11, one of my all-time favorite verses, says, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." God will complete the work He has begun in your life.
Back to top Go down
DJ_RyAN
Haligi ng Konek
 Haligi ng Konek
DJ_RyAN

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Breakfast   Spiritual Breakfast Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21 2010, 10:31

Entrusted with God's love…

1 Chronicles 29:9 The people rejoiced at the willing response of their leaders, for they had given freely and wholeheartedly to the LORD. David the king also rejoiced greatly. (NIV)

God has given you many precious gifts. God gave you the precious gift of life. God has given you His love living within your heart and soul. God has given you His peace in countless ways. God did not give you life and His love so you would keep His gifts only for yourself. God trusts you to give your life and His love away to others. God designed His love to be shared with others. With God and His love, your spiritual survival depends not upon what you keep for yourself, but upon what and how much you give away. Giving away that which keeps you alive is against all human instincts. Sacrificing your own life to save another is also against all human instincts. However, with God, when you sacrifice and give away all you have, a door to Heaven opens from which flows the mighty power of God. When you have nothing left to give, when you strain against all odds to find one more morsel to give to another, the power of God's love multiplies within you. Then, miracles happen empowering you to give more than you have.
Back to top Go down
DJ_RyAN
Haligi ng Konek
 Haligi ng Konek
DJ_RyAN

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Breakfast   Spiritual Breakfast Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22 2010, 10:25

Entrusted with God's peace…

Galatians 1:3 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ…(NIV)

How you find peace in times of personal war, or in times when you are under personal attack, can be a mystery. Regardless of any mystery, we can find peace with God. God has given you His peace. You have His peace even when you are not aware. The Lord's great gift of peace can often lie dormant and undiscovered. However, the peace of God is always available to you in every circumstance. The peace of God prevails over every disturbance. His peace prevails over every battle. What a wonderful gift you have been given! What a wonderful gift God has given you to give to others! When you realize you have the power of God's peace, His peace becomes more than an abstract idea. When you realize you have the power of God's peace, you have His peace. His peace comes to you when you give all your cares and worries to Him. The peace of God overpowers all the times you are under attack as you understand how much He loves you. When you understand how much God truly loves you, your times of personal battle and the circumstances of your personal war melt away…and His peace prevails.
Back to top Go down
DJ_RyAN
Haligi ng Konek
 Haligi ng Konek
DJ_RyAN

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Breakfast   Spiritual Breakfast Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25 2010, 10:30

Entrusted with God's wisdom…

Psalm 36:9 For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light. (NIV)

In every person's life there resides a wealth of wisdom. Your wealth of wisdom can escape you. However, your greatest wisdom comes to you when you realize God is truly real, truly love, and truly with you every moment. God gave His wisdom to you so you can survive and prosper in your life. Although you might not prosper in life in terms of fame and fortune, God's wisdom gives you the power to prosper in happiness, peace, and contentment. The still small voice of God within you becomes loud and resonant when you stop and think about Him. His voice speaks to you when you stop and think about His will, and about how He wants you to act and to be. God's wisdom gives you the power to overcome your mistakes and to correct them. God's wisdom gives you the power to love the unlovable. God's wisdom gives you the ability to forgive those who trespass against you. God's wisdom gives you the ability to try to walk in another person's shoes. The wisdom of God tells you to love rather than hate, to forgive rather than hold a grudge. God's wisdom tells you to give rather than take, and to turn to Christ every hour.
Back to top Go down
jgwapito
Haligi ng Konek
 Haligi ng Konek
jgwapito

Date Joined : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Breakfast   Spiritual Breakfast Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25 2010, 15:31

smile thanks DJ Ryan...
Back to top Go down
http://www.heartlight.org
DJ_RyAN
Haligi ng Konek
 Haligi ng Konek
DJ_RyAN

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Breakfast   Spiritual Breakfast Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26 2010, 10:37

Heart Trouble
"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me."

— John 14:1

Have you ever felt troubled in your heart—agitated, stressed-out, or uncertain about tomorrow?

There is a lot to be afraid of these days, isn't there? Maybe something has happened to you recently that has turned your world upside down. Maybe you have been wondering whether God really is aware of the problems you are facing right now.

That is exactly how the disciples of Jesus felt. They were downhearted. They were discouraged. When they were all gathered in the Upper Room for the Passover feast, Jesus told them that one of them was going to betray Him. Then He identified Judas Iscariot as the betrayer. Not only that, but Jesus also said Simon Peter would deny Him—not once, not twice, but three times. The disciples' whole world was turned upside down. And then Jesus began talking about leaving them, about being crucified. They thought, What is going on?

Maybe you feel that way. Maybe there is uncertainty in your future. As you look at your fears and concerns, look at what Jesus said to His disciples and to us today: "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me" (John 14:1). This verse could also be translated, "Let not your heart be agitated, or disturbed, or thrown into confusion. . . ."

Notice that Jesus did not say, "Worry about your problems." Instead, He said, "Don't be troubled." That is His word for us today too.
Back to top Go down
DJ_RyAN
Haligi ng Konek
 Haligi ng Konek
DJ_RyAN

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Breakfast   Spiritual Breakfast Icon_minitimeSat May 08 2010, 15:06

But Why a Man?
He had to be made like His brethren.

— Hebrews 2:17

Jesus went from the throne of heaven to a feeding trough. He went from the presence of angels into a stable filled with animals.

He who was larger than the universe became an embryo. He who sustains the world with a word chose to be dependent upon the nourishment of a young girl. The Almighty appeared on Earth as a helpless human baby, unable to do anything but lie and stare and wiggle and make noises. He needed to be fed, and yes, even changed, and taught to talk like any other child.

The more you think about it, the more staggering it gets: that God became a man, that God became a baby.

When you stop and think about it, no other way would have accomplished His goal. He could have appeared as a full grown man and said, "Here I am. I have arrived."

But if He did it that way, He would appear unapproachable. He would not have seemed human. It would be hard for us to believe He was a man like us.

God picked the right way. It's even the logical way. Jesus had to truly be a man, to live and suffer and be tempted as a man among people on Earth. This way, we could know that He understands our trials (see Hebrews 2:17–18).

So the next time you are tired, hungry, thirsty, or lonely, remember that you have a God who knows what it's like to stand in your shoes. He is the only one who can truly say that He knows our sorrows and understands our grief.

No one else can say that with such accuracy. But God can.
Back to top Go down
DJ_RyAN
Haligi ng Konek
 Haligi ng Konek
DJ_RyAN

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Breakfast   Spiritual Breakfast Icon_minitimeSun May 09 2010, 10:49

Be Salty
"You are the salt of the earth. . . . "

— Matthew 5:13

In the ancient world, salt was used as a preservative. It still is today—ham, corned beef, olives, pickles, and even anchovies are preserved in brine, a saltwater solution. The purpose of the salt is to stop the food from spoiling, to prevent its corruption.

Now when Jesus says we are to be salt, it means that you and I, as Christians, should seek to be a preservative wherever we are. For example, if you are a parent, you can guide your children in what they watch on TV and in what they read. You can teach them Christian values, and live as an example to them. If you are the only Christian in your family, then you are probably always the one who is asked to give the blessing over the Thanksgiving meal. That is good, because it means they notice that you are a Christian.

You also need to be salt in the place where you work. You can refuse to gossip about coworkers, you can do your work without grumbling, and you can be an encouragement to others. Maybe a bunch of the guys are getting together and telling a joke, but when you walk in, everyone falls silent all of a sudden. Why is that? Because they know you are a representative of Jesus. You are functioning as a preservative in that situation.

Or maybe you are that one Christian student in your classroom. You need to stand up for Christian values. You can refuse to participate in harmful activities and tell your friends why. Now that is being salt. I didn't say it would make you popular. I said you are being salt. It's hard at times. But you need to do it.

As you let the Holy Spirit help you and guide you, you can be a good, salty preservative for those around you.
Back to top Go down
DJ_RyAN
Haligi ng Konek
 Haligi ng Konek
DJ_RyAN

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Breakfast   Spiritual Breakfast Icon_minitimeWed May 12 2010, 14:34

Entrusted with a will to do God's will….

John 7:17 If anyone chooses to do God's will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own. (NIV)

The problem of the human will is the direction in which we point the will. We too often do not take charge of the will and direct it. Satan delights in thwarting the will of God in every heart. Satan delights in taking the human will and directing our will away from God. If there is a secret of life, the greatest secret may be each of us can control our will. Each of us has the power of self-control and self-discipline. When we control our will by directing our will toward the will of God, then we are victors. When we lose control of our will by letting Satan divert our will away from God, then we are losers. God entrusted us with a will to be used for His glory. Great things happen in your life when you direct your will in the direction of God's will. God's power gives you the assurance no matter how things might turn out for you today or tomorrow, just beyond the end of your earthly life there is a mansion built by God…a mansion ready and waiting just for you.
Back to top Go down
DJ_RyAN
Haligi ng Konek
 Haligi ng Konek
DJ_RyAN

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Breakfast   Spiritual Breakfast Icon_minitimeSun May 23 2010, 14:56

Choosing to Grow
Run from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Instead, pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love, and peace. Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts.

— 2 Timothy 2:22

From the moment you get up in the morning to the moment you lay your head down on your pillow at night, you will have made hundreds, maybe even thousands, of choices.

Life is filled with choices. There are some choices that don't mean a lot, while other choices mean a whole lot. And it comes down to this: we make our choices, and our choices make us. So if you want to grow spiritually, you will. And if you don't want to grow spiritually, you won't. Either you will go forward as a Christian, or you will go backward. Either you will progress, or you will regress. Either you will gain ground, or you will lose ground. And if you stand still, then you will lose ground.

The reason some Christians succeed while others who make a profession of faith fail miserably comes down to choices. It is not the luck of the draw or something that happens randomly. It is because people make the right choice to do the right thing. There are choices that will impair our spiritual growth, and there are choices that will enhance it.

That is why we need to make a commitment to seek to grow spiritually on a daily basis—not to just hold our ground, but to gain ground in our relationship with Christ. Let's commit ourselves to spiritual growth.
Back to top Go down
raven
Konek Thread Setter
  Konek Thread Setter
raven

Date Joined : 2011-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Breakfast   Spiritual Breakfast Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21 2011, 23:28

thanks for sharing po..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Breakfast   Spiritual Breakfast Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spiritual Breakfast
Page 1 of 1