Konek Pinoy: A Place where Everybody Cares!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortal**GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

21 Things

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
elyn
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek
elyn

Date Joined : 2009-02-17

21 Things Empty
PostSubject: 21 Things   21 Things Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20 2009, 17:05

share ko lng to sa nyo
==..nakaka-inspire talaga mga ganitong klaseng tao..

Read on from a fulltime worker in Singapore!
Just beautiful how God's love is...
To GOD be the Glory!

==

On June 17, 2009, I found myself writing down random thoughts. I realized there is so much to be shared about the past 200 days. Today is my 200th day of mission here in Singapore.

I love to write yet I never found the time to really write until today.
I wanted to write down so many things; yet today, I remember 21 things.

As the song goes, “we remember, we celebrate, we believe...”

So as I remember, I celebrate and I believe that what happened during the past 200 days is nothing compared to the next 200 days to come!

ABOUT HIM:

1. HE LOVES ME.

That alone makes me realize everyday just how awesome He is. Just when I thought, “whoa.” He comes up with so much more. And I say “whoa” all over again. I never thought His love can be this intimate, this real, this unconditional. No words can ever suffice to describe it. It's amazing. It's enough. Yet it never ends.

2. HE HAS A PERFECT PLAN.

Yes. He has tried to show it to me so many times. Still, I end up hurting myself. Again, He comes to save the day just to show me that His plan is perfect - perfect way and time. I need to trust that always. And oh, the phrase - “Thy will be done” has really done a great thing to my heart.

3. HE KNOWS ME.

Psalm 139. All of me. He knows. Every big and small thing. And I'm amazed that He does. He knows me so much that He even has to show me what I really want.

4. HE WILL TAKE CARE OF ME.

Combine the first three. I have God who is what I need even before I knew I wanted Him. He takes care of everything about me, for me and around me.

5. HE WILL STRENGTHEN ME.

"You are my strength, strength like no other." I have never sang this song as I do now. I love the way it tugs at my heart. But I love it more when He shows me how and why.

6. HE BROUGHT ME EXACTLY WHERE HE WANTS ME TO BE

Singapore is where I will be loved by Him that is why I am here. He prepared me for Singapore. And He is also preparing me for something else through Singapore. I am here because this is what He wants. And I want to want what He wants.

7. HE WILL ALWAYS SAY, “LET'S DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN.”

No matter how many times I fail, how many boo boos I commit, He will never tire of saying, “Let's do it all over again.” So what's stopping me from standing up again?

ABOUT ME:

8. LORD, I AM LOST...

I said this so many times that I lost track of how many. Getting off at the wrong stop. Riding the wrong bus. Being in the wrong park. Yet these are the moments when I found myself with Him. I am lost but He always finds me even before I find myself. He found me even before I realized I was lost. I am just happy to be found.

9. LORD, I MADE A MISTAKE...

I did. Wrong decisions. Wrong use of time and energy. Yet only God can make my mistake into a blessing. Only God can make the mistake into a story of His greatness. When He does, I know I am forgiven. The thing is, have I forgiven myself? Teach me how to forgive myself. Always. Every time.

10. LORD, I FAILED...

There goes one of my deepest fears. Failure. Yet it is through my failures that the Lord shows me that the next few minutes after the failure is the time He tells me, "Here's to another chance."

11. LORD, I AM NOTHING...

Iris: What do I have to offer Lord? What do I know?

Him: Everything

Iris: Everything?

Him: You have me. You have everything. Offer everyone everything.

12. LORD, I CANNOT DO ANYTHING ON MY OWN...

Just remember Liverpool. You will never walk alone. Who said you'll do anything on your own? Allow me to be part of it and you'll never have to do anything alone.

13. LORD, I AM WEAK...

That's just right, especially on your knees. I can only strengthen you once you kneel down.

14. LORD, WHAT IF...

Him: What if what?

Iris: You know...What if I fail? What if I get hurt? What if I make a mistake? What if I get rejected? What if...?

Him: Come here.

Iris: Yes?

Him: Whatever 'what if' that is, I am there. And I have saved the day already. No need for what ifs. You can go on with your what ifs. I'll go on telling you. I am there and I have saved the day even before it started.

ABOUT HIM, HER, THEM:

15. THEY ARE GIFTS.

Everyone is. Sometimes, I just get too focused on something else that I don't see this. Everyone is a gift.

16. THEY ARE ALL CONNECTED.

My relationship with one person affects a whole bunch of people known and unknown to me. I am also affected by people whom I know and do not know. Every moment counts and every moment matters.

17. THEY ARE WHERE THEY ARE FOR A REASON.

I just found the reason only recently. For some, I still don't know. Whatever it is. There is a reason.

18. THEY ALL NEED SOMEONE TO BELIEVE IN THEM AND GIVE THEM A CHANCE.

Somebody just believed in me and gave me a chance before. I failed. Someone still believed and gave me another chance. Everyone needs that. I needed that. I pray that I can be that person to someone else too.

19. THEY ALL NEED TO BE LOVED SO THEY CAN LOVE.

I knew this before. But sometimes, I forget. I praise God for the moments I see what only love can do.

20. THEY ALL HAVE THEIR OWN TIME.

Some things just don't happen in our timeline. Everything has its own perfect time.

21. THEY ARE ALL WORTH IT.

Tears. Heartbreaks. Tiredness. Everything.. .It is worth it because the Lord allowed them to happen. They are worth it because the Lord gave them to me.

21 is such a small number to capture moments in 200 days. Yet I have to start somewhere to tell of His glory, to sing how great our God is...

To God be the Glory.

When you see Iris Suministrado for the first time, you'd be surprised to find out that such a slightly-built and harmless-looking 25-year old could have such an enormous appetite. Don't even get her started on what she loves to eat – prawn mee, prata, chili crab, and yeah, chocolate, cereal prawn...But another passion which dwarfs her gastronomical pursuits is her commitment to mission. Iris is a single lay missionary to Singapore, a country which has become synonymous to financial stability, self-sufficiency and streets clean enough to sleep on.

http://cfcinternati onalmissions. com/index. php?option= com_content&view=article&id=70:21-things- in-200-days&catid=19:the- rock&Itemid=16
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Love-and-Emotions/133316206720969
frenejp30
Konek Adviser
 Konek Adviser
frenejp30

Date Joined : 2008-03-13

21 Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: 21 Things   21 Things Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21 2009, 18:45

galing naman nito
Back to top Go down
RINGO STARR
Haligi ng Konek
 Haligi ng Konek
RINGO STARR

Date Joined : 2008-07-21

21 Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: 21 Things   21 Things Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23 2009, 09:56

thanks for sharing what happend to him lately?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

21 Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: 21 Things   21 Things Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

21 Things
Page 1 of 1