Konek Pinoy: A Place where Everybody Cares!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortal**GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Strength from Above

Go down 
AuthorMessage
elyn
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek
elyn

Date Joined : 2009-02-17

Strength from Above Empty
PostSubject: Strength from Above   Strength from Above Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07 2009, 11:57

Strength from Above
- Sis. Stella Dhinakaran

I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your young men shall see visions, your old men shall dream dreams.
(Acts 2:17)

The Lord takes great delight in those who read His Word and meditate on them (Psalm 105:2,3). Generally we do not take time to read His Word, or meditate on it. When we take time to read His Word and mediate on it, then the power of God, the anointing and the fire of the Holy Spirit will surely fill their lives and give them a new strength and faith. The Bible says, “Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth” (Colossians 3:2).

Further, the Bible urges us to be fervent in spirit (Romans 12:11). We also read that our Lord Jesus Who is a role model for us was filled richly by the Holy Spirit (John 3:34).

A few young girls joined together and started seeking the Lord. They resolved to walk in His ways and to abide in Him. But, from the day they decided to follow Jesus, they faced a lot of opposition from their family members who were against them following the Lord. But, the more the opposition that these young girls faced, the more they were encouraged and strengthened.

They were filled by the presence of God. They received the grace of God and the anointing of the Holy Spirit. Like Joseph, these girls were also lifted up in their lives and blessed richly in all their endeavours. Now the parents who saw the progress of their daughters stopped their opposition and began talking high of them. This is what God does for His dear children.

Beloved! Many may oppose you, but they cannot harm you. Do you want to receive this fiery anointing of the Holy Spirit? Do you have the burning desire for God? Ask the Lord to fill you with His Spirit. He will gladly fill you with His Spirit (Acts 2:17). He will strengthen you and your life will never be the same again.

Prayer:

Loving Heavenly Father,

You are the One Who blesses us and protects us but we hardly give time for You. Forgive us. Father, I praise You for speaking to me through Your Word that You take delight in those who spend time in reading Your Word and mediating on it. Father, help me to spend more time in reading Your Word and expound the scriptures to me. Fill me with the Holy Spirit and strengthen me in You. Let Your hand that blesses do mighty things for me. In Jesus name I pray,

Amen.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Love-and-Emotions/133316206720969

Strength from Above
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Konek Pinoy: A Place where Everybody Cares! :: ..Konek Pinoy Discussion.. :: Inspirational, Beliefs & Words to Ponder-
Jump to: