Konek Pinoy: A Place where Everybody Cares!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortal**GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong

Go down 
+5
Jhoanna
Asia Jhen
MUDZ
TwiLigHt
pr3tty_me
9 posters
AuthorMessage
pr3tty_me
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek
pr3tty_me

Date Joined : 2008-11-10

Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong Empty
PostSubject: Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong   Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16 2009, 09:39

Let me tell you a story. Three construction workers were on top of their half-finished skyscraper. Rrrrring!! The lunch bell sounded, and the three men sat on a steel beam jutting out of the 56th floor with their lunch boxes in hand.

The first guy opens his and groans in exasperation, "Tuyo! There is not a day that I don't get tuyo for lunch!" He turns to his buddies and announces, " Mark my words, if I still get tuyo tomorrow, I'm going to throw myself from this building!"

The second guy opens his lunch box and moans, "Tinapa... Everyday, I get tinapa!" He looks at his friends and declares, "Believe me when I say this: If I get tinapa tomorrow, I'm going to jump and kill l myself!"

The third guy opens his lunch box and it was his turn to despair. "Galunggong! All I get is galunggong! I'm telling you, if I still get galunggong tomorrow, I'm going to jump from this building and die!"

The next day, the lunch bell rings and all three men are again seated on the 56th floor. The first guy opens his lunch box and starts crying, "Tuyoooooo!" And so he jumps and crashes on the ground.

The second guy opens his lunch box and wails loudly, "Tinapaaaa!" And he also hurls himself off the building and dies.

The third guy opens his lunch box and screams, "Galunggonggggg!" And so, he too jumps off the building and splatters on the ground.

Days later, during the funeral of the three men, their three wives embrace and weep together. The first wife cries out, "I didn't know my husband didn't like tuyo anymore! Why didn't he tell me? If only he told me, I would have prepared something else."

The second wife echoes her statement, "Yes... If only I knew, I would have cooked something else, not tinapa!"

The third wife, between sobs, speaks up, "I don't know why my husband killed himself..." The two wives look at her curiously. "Why?"
She went on, "Because my husband prepares his own lunch everyday..."

I love this crazy story because it presents a very important truth: all of us prepare our own lunch. If we don't like our jobs, if we don't like the state of our relationships, if we don't like what's happening to our spiritual lives - we have no one to blame but ourselves. Because God has given us free will. He has given us the power to prepare our own lunch.

If you want to earn more and be free from debt, if you're sick and tired of your bad habits, if we want to put more joy in our marriages, if we want to grow in our relationship with God - then go back to your kitchen and prepare yourself another dish. Because you design your own future. You create your own destiny. Ask yourself what kind of future do you want to have? What kind of life? What kind of eternity? You decide.
Back to top Go down
TwiLigHt

TwiLigHt

Date Joined : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong   Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16 2009, 10:11

Thanks for sharing this story sis..
Back to top Go down
MUDZ
Konek Promoter
Konek Promoter
MUDZ

Date Joined : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong   Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16 2009, 16:16

TwiLigHt wrote:
Thanks for sharing this story sis..
/welcome back pingya.. lots of laugh rolling 4 laugh
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.friendster.com/7884235
Asia Jhen
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek
Asia Jhen

Date Joined : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong   Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16 2009, 21:28

yan kaka miss tuloy ang tuyo ska tinapa day dreaming day dreaming hayyzzzzz. so sad
thnx 4 sharing sis!
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.friendster.com/asiajhen
Jhoanna
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek
Jhoanna

Date Joined : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong   Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17 2009, 06:08

thanks sis ha! i love tuyo, tinapa and galunggong! and syempre the story! smile
Back to top Go down
http://my2tenshi.blogs.friendster.com/my_blog/
frenejp30
Konek Adviser
 Konek Adviser
frenejp30

Date Joined : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong   Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17 2009, 09:53

god gave us the free will, nasa atin na how we are going to make use of it.
Back to top Go down
Ailou
Administrator
 Administrator
Ailou

Date Joined : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong   Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17 2009, 09:59

thanks for sharing...gusto ko yan tuyo ,tinapa at galunggong kahit yan lagi ulam ko smile
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.friendster.com/ailou
marga25ph
Magiting ng Konek
Magiting ng Konek
marga25ph

Date Joined : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong   Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17 2009, 20:51

frenejp30 wrote:
god gave us the free will, nasa atin na how we are going to make use of it.

Agree ako ke father nice post sis i want it
Back to top Go down
TGP
Banned sa Konek
 Banned sa Konek
TGP

Date Joined : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong   Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20 2009, 01:35

hmmmm ganon ba yon, i still doubt if indeed we make our own destiny.....for i thought, everything is all pre destined. thinking
Back to top Go down
pr3tty_me
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek
pr3tty_me

PostSubject: Re: Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong   Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20 2009, 06:28

TGP wrote:
hmmmm ganon ba yon, i still doubt if indeed we make our own destiny.....for i thought, everything is all pre destined. thinking

nakakaconfuse talaga yang 2 yan kasi as they were saying that everything is predestined how about the freedom that God has given us? The freedom of choice to do whatever we want and to decide which way we would want our life to lead?

any opinion in here?

thinking thinking
Back to top Go down
TGP
Banned sa Konek
 Banned sa Konek
TGP

PostSubject: Re: Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong   Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21 2009, 20:44

im also confuse on this..got some details on googles about this contradicting words about destiny and frewill...mind you, this is not to open a debate.

"
Predestination

In order to fulfill His prophecies, God must predestine history to a certain degree. The Bible clearly indicates that God predestined redemptive history, specifically, the coming of the Messiah. Jesus clearly indicated that His coming was planned, including His death:

• But He said to them, "I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, for I was sent for this purpose." (Luke 4:43)
  • "Now My soul has become troubled; and what shall I say, 'Father, save Me from this hour'? But for this purpose I came to this hour. (John 12:27)

Free will

There are many verses that specifically state that people have free will to execute their own choices. In the book of Deuteronomy, God Himself tells the people to choose to follow Him to receive His blessings:

"I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants, (Deuteronomy 30:19)
bren wrote:
TGP wrote:

nakakaconfuse talaga yang 2 yan kasi as they were saying that everything is predestined how about the freedom that God has given us? The freedom of choice to do whatever we want and to decide which way we would want our life to lead?

any opinion in here?

thinking thinking
Back to top Go down
pr3tty_me
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek
pr3tty_me

PostSubject: Re: Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong   Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21 2009, 21:22

so, does it mean that it was predestined for Adam to bite the apple given by Eve? If it was, then was it also His plan for all of us mankind to fall for the original sin? hmmm...

yeah tgp, this is such an interesting topic.. hindi nmn debate, nppagusapan lng po.. peace
Back to top Go down
TGP
Banned sa Konek
 Banned sa Konek
TGP

PostSubject: Re: Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong   Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2009, 01:23

i guess so, (forgive me for saying this,), that is why many are asking about the following:

a) if we were really pre destined, that means the creator knows exactly that eve will fall for the devil's temptation and that adam will bite the apple..so, again, predestination and freewill are used on this scenario.

b) that the creator knows before hand that his great and beloved angel (lucifer)will go against his will.

what bothers me is this, if we are predestined that means, no matter how we exercise our freewill, at the end of the day our destiny will still be the same and that will become our fate. nail bitting

bren wrote:
so, does it mean that it was predestined for Adam to bite the apple given by Eve? If it was, then was it also His plan for all of us mankind to fall for the original sin? hmmm...

yeah tgp, this is such an interesting topic.. hindi nmn debate, nppagusapan lng po.. peace
Back to top Go down
pr3tty_me
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek
pr3tty_me

PostSubject: Re: Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong   Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25 2009, 01:24

FREEWILL: “The power of directing our own actions without restraint by necessity or fate. Voluntariness Spontaneousness”

Heb 6:11,12 “Our great desire is that each of you keep up your eagerness to the end, so that the things you hope for will come true. We do not want you to become lazy, but to be like those who believe and are patient, and so receive what God has promised.”

Heb 3:14 “For we are all partners with Christ if we hold firmly to the end the confidence we had at the beginning.”

Col 1:22,23 “But now, by means of the physical death of his Son, God has made you his friends, in order to bring you, holy, pure, and faultless, into his presence. You must, of course, continue faithful on a firm and sure foundation, and must not allow yourselves to be shaken from the hope you gained when you heard the gospel.”

From these scriptures, it has been said that it is up to us to choose to continue our walk with Christ. By having these choices, as the choice to hold firmly to the end, not to hold firm, or even to walk away, a sad choice but still our choice.

It has also been said that for freewill to exist then predestination must cease to exist. After all predestination means that everything is already planned out and freewill means that every moment of every day we must choose which course we take.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong   Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tuyo, tinapa & galunggong
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Konek Pinoy: A Place where Everybody Cares! :: ..Konek Pinoy Discussion.. :: Inspirational, Beliefs & Words to Ponder-
Jump to: