Konek Pinoy: A Place where Everybody Cares!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortal**GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Trivia

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jhoanna
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek
Jhoanna

Date Joined : 2008-01-20

Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Trivia   Trivia Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26 2008, 18:57

The Leaf Musician
He became famous around the world for his distinct talent. The Guinness Book of World Records has recognized Filipino National Artist Levi Celerio as the only man who could play beautiful music with a leaf.

Celerio appeared in "That's Incredible" and the Mel Griffin show where he played music with a leaf. The Guinness Book of World Records said: "The only leaf player in the world is in the Philippines". As a composer and lyricist, Celerio wrote more than 4,000 songs.

World's Largest Shoes
In December 2002, the Guinness Book of World Records has recognized Marikina City for crafting the world's largest pair of shoes - each measuring 5.5 meters (18.2 feet) long, 2.25 meters (7.4 feet) wide and 1.83 meters (six feet) high. The materials for the P1.2 million pair of shoes could produce 250 pairs of regular shoes.

World's Largest Golf Event
According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the biggest amateur golf tournament takes place in Baguio City, Philippines every year. Dubbed as the Fil-Am Golf Championship since 1949, the 72-hole golf tournament attracts close to 1,000 amateur golfers from all over the archipelago. The sites of the prestigious event are the challenging par-69, 5,001-yard Camp John Hay golf course and the par-61, 4,038-yard Baguio Country Club. Among the top contending teams in the event are the Canlubang, Southwoods, Calatagan, and Wack Wack.

World's Largest Synchronized Aerobics Exercises
On February 16, 2003, some 107,000 Filipinos joined a 30-minute aerobics exercise supervised by the Department of Health (DOH) at Rizal Park in Manila, which could be the largest synchronized exercise in the world. Thousands of people also gathered at different venues in Cebu City and Davao City to participate in the exercise simultaneous with the Manila event. The new record broke the previous Guinness Book of World Records set at a park in Guadalajara, Mexico by some 38,633 people who joined the massive aerobics exercises in June 1998.

World's Largest Lantern
On December 24, 2002, the city of San Fernando in Pampanga province switched on the world's largest Christmas lantern - a P5-million structure with 26.8 meters in diameter.

World's Fastest Reader
As a student at the Northwestern University in Chicago, Illinois, Maria Teresa Calderon became the world's fastest reader. She set the record of having read 80,000 words per hour.

Sili King
The Guinness Book of World Records recognizes Eriberto Gonzales of Camalig, Albay as the fastest chili eater. In the Philippines, he is known as the "Sili King". Gonzales accomplished his feat in the "Sili-Eating Challenge 1999" in Bicol where he ate 350 pieces of sili in three minutes. (Source: Philippine Daily Inquirer)

World's Best Finance Minister
In 1997, Roberto de Ocampo who was serving in the Cabinet of former President Fidel Ramos, was recognized as the "World's Best Finance Minister" for overhauling the country's tax system through the Comprehensive Tax Reform Package.

World's Best Central Bank Governor
In October 2002, international magazine Global Finance named Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) Governor Rafael Carlos B. Buenaventura as one of the world's two best central bankers for "his remarkable skill in guiding" the Philippine economy under a trying year. The other central banker named was Reserve Bank of Austalia (RBA) Governor Ian MacFarlane.

World Young Business Achievers
In 1995, Joseph Donato Pangilinan, president of Manila Pearl, won the World Young Business Achiever Award (WYBA) in London. In 1997, Renato Pangilinan, chief executive officer of Juventus International won the Entrepreneurship Award in Newfoundland, Canada. In 1998, Andrew James Masigan, founder of Dimsum n' Dumpling won the Award of Excellence in Business Strategy.

World's Sweetest Fruit
What can be considered as the world's sweetest mango is produced in the island province of Guimaras. While other countries have different varieties of the tropical mango (Mangifera indica), none of them tastes like the superbly delicious Guimaras mango, which is a variety of the popular Carabao Mango (Manginera indica).

In 1995, the Guinness Book of World records listed the Carabao Mango as the sweetest fruit in the world. In the Philippines, mango ranks third among fruit crops in production, next to banana and pineapple. The country supplies mangoes to Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore and recently the United States. In 1995, the Philippines produced 432,322 metric tons of mangoes, with an average production of 6.35 metric tons per hectare and 250 kilograms per tree from a total production area of 68,056 hectares.

from txtmania
Back to top Go down
http://my2tenshi.blogs.friendster.com/my_blog/
frenejp30
Konek Adviser
 Konek Adviser
frenejp30

Date Joined : 2008-03-13

Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivia   Trivia Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01 2008, 05:48

galing talaga ng pinoy
Back to top Go down
johnnie...z

johnnie...z

Date Joined : 2008-04-30

Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivia   Trivia Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01 2008, 11:30

did you know?

-that i had a gold medal in the uaap 1996 for the sport karate?

-that i play pinoy underground fighting for 8 years already and my record is 10-1 win-draw ( iget paid 100g-200g per fight) and i do it because i love fighting?

- that i used to be the vocalist of the band hsindicate?

- that i race cars?

- that i used to be a dj in an f.m. rock station here?

- that i used to be in commercials when i was a kid?

- that i made it to P.M.A. but opted not to push through because of my parents ( garnered the highest written and physical exams scores and for the record perfected the written exam, first time according to them )

- that i love women!

hahahaha!

now thats TRIVIA!

smile
Back to top Go down
daryll
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek
daryll

Date Joined : 2008-01-29

Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivia   Trivia Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01 2008, 13:19

aba ,ang galing nga naman talaga ng mga pinoy...kasama na si Johnnie don ok smiley
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.friendster.com/shinababe
jgwapito
Haligi ng Konek
 Haligi ng Konek
jgwapito

Date Joined : 2008-04-27

Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivia   Trivia Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01 2008, 13:31

Ang galing talaga ng mga pinoy... keep it up... kaya nga we should be proud na Pinoy tayo!! chili

Ang galing din ni Johnnie... saludo ako Bro..
Back to top Go down
http://www.heartlight.org
Sponsored content

Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivia   Trivia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trivia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Konek Pinoy: A Place where Everybody Cares! :: INFORMATIVE :: Facts and Trivias-
Jump to: